14 May New Opportunities for Virtual Care
Our lives are busier than ever and the healthcare industry has provided a tool to help meet the demand of your employee’s busy schedules.
The solution…Virtual Care.
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care (telemedicine) is the delivery of health-related services and information via a myriad of technology solutions. Studies show that implementation of a virtual care system can dramatically improve the overall health and outcomes of patients using the system.
Stephany Verstraete, Chief Marketing Officer of Teledoc, covers “what’s next” for healthcare, and has summarized their top predictions for the year ahead:
- The new “healthcare front door” won’t be a physical door at all.
- As health needs evolve, more non-acute care will go virtual.
- Modernizing healthcare benefits will yield unexpected satisfaction results.
- Household healthcare decision-makers seek convenience without sacrificing quality.
- Virtual care delivery will integrate behavioral health into the primary care setting.
- Virtual care moves beyond the tipping point as regulatory conditions, economic imperatives, and consumer expectations align in its favor.
- AI will play a valuable role in healthcare as augmented intelligence.
- Virtual care will curb costs by reducing barriers to care.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE
*Thrive MD is powered by Teladoc which is a nationwide network of U.S. board-certified physicians who can resolve many medical issues through a phone or video consult.