How to Use - Thrive
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15652,theme-bridge,bridge-core-3.0.5,qi-blocks-1.3,qodef-gutenberg--no-touch,woocommerce-no-js,qodef-qi--no-touch,qi-addons-for-elementor-1.7.6,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,columns-4,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-29.2,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_bottom,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.10.0,vc_responsive,elementor-default,elementor-kit-22581,tgwc-woocommerce-customize-my-account

There are several convenient ways to use your EAP services.

How do I use my EAP?

By phone: 614-451-9401 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.


After hours and weekend emergency or crisis: 614-451-9401.

By e-mail: Initiate a request for service by completing the Referral Request form.

What do I need to do to see a counselor?
We maintain a substantial list of trusted counselors. Call 614-451-9401 and we will identify an appropriate match from our panel.


Who will I see?
You will be referred to a counselor who has a Master’s degree in behavioral sciences, counseling, social work or a related field.


Who is eligible to use the EAP?
Employees and their household family are eligible for the EAP counseling services. Eligible family members may include your legal spouse and natural children, adopted children, stepchildren and children who are related to you either directly or through marriage. Coverage for common-law spouse or same gender domestic partners also applies per your employer’s direction.


What happens when I call Thrive?
When an employee or family member contacts Thrive, an Intake Specialist will collect some identifying information and a brief description of your needs. The Intake Specialist will then refer you to a counselor where you live. If you are not satisfied with your counselor you may call Thrive and we will make a different assignment.


What happens next?
Once the Intake Specialist provides you with contact information for a counselor it is your responsibility to call the counselor’s office to schedule an appointment. Tell the office staff that you wish to use your EAP benefit. We will send all the necessary paperwork and billing information to the counselor to whom you were referred. Your counselor should contact Thrive if there are any questions about payment for services.


During the initial EAP appointment(s), the counselor will review your issues and develop a plan of action. Options may include:

  • Continued counseling though the EAP.
  • Referral for alternative treatment through the employee’s health insurance.
  • Referral to a community based program (Alanon, AA etc.)
  • Combination of the above.


Do I have to pay for this service?
Thrive is an employer prepaid program, so there is no charge when employees or their family members use the service. However, if the counselor refers you to other resources, there may be costs for which you will be responsible.


Will anyone know if I use the EAP?
Thrive EAP services are confidential. This means that we will not disclose any information about you to anyone else without your expressed approval and authorization except in case of medical emergency or legal requirement mandating disclosure, or unless you pose a clear danger to yourself or others.


Please ask your counselor if you have any questions concerning your privacy and the confidentiality of your records.